Welcome to the fifth annual Cornhusker Carpfest sponsored by the Cornhusker Fly Fishers.
1-Day Contest this year. Saturday July 16th
Cornhusker Carpfest is a fly fishing contest for what else... CARP!!! Not only is this a chance to show off your fly fishing skills and meet fellow anglers, but this contest is also a great way to support the carp-on-the-fly community here in the heartland!
Cornhusker Carpfest will be a virtual format!
Contact Contest Organizer Larry Dostal at - email@example.com or instagram.com/larrydostal
Keep Scrolling for all the details....
Contest takes place Saturday July 16th, at ANY PUBLIC WATER.
- Registration deadline is 9:00 PM Friday July 15th.
- Cost of entry is $20 for each participant.
- Contact Larry Dostal (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register and for shipping info for your new Carpfest hat!
- Official start time is 6:00am on July 16th.
- Official closing time is 9:00pm July 16th sharp. Any photos not submitted to Larry past 9:00pm will not count toward your limit.
- Any PUBLIC body of water is fair game to fish for the contest, just submit your pictures before the "weigh in".
- Participants are responsible for their own Fishing Permits and/or Park Entry Stickers.
- 1-Day contest this year. Saturday July 16th.
- 6am until 9pm the time zone you begin your day in.
- This is a catch, photo, & release contest (CPR).
- A Digital Camera or Camera Phone is required.
- $20 Entry – Fish anywhere – Contact Larry to sign up (email@example.com)
- Participants are required to follow all of the local/applicable laws and regulations.
- Fly fishing only.
- PUBLIC WATER ONLY – NO PRIVATE PONDS/LAKES, GOLF COURSE PONDS or PRIVATE RIVER ACCESS Must be a fishing spot anyone from the public can access.
- Absolutely NO: pre-baiting, chumming, snagging, foul hooking, or adding scent to flies. Any evidence of these will lead to disqualification of angler/team, and you will be forever publicly shunned.
- Only Common Carp and Grass Carp count this year!!! (no goldfish, buffalo, or sucker
- species). Koi and Mirrors are just fancy common carp... so they count.
- SOLO or TEAM divisions
- o SOLO PARTICIPANTS - No limit to the amount of carp you can catch, only the three biggest carp will count towards the grand prize for the solo angler. That is, an angler’s 3 longest carp measurements & pictures will win 1st place in the solo angler category.
- o TEAM PARTICIPANTS - May be 2 or 3 anglers. Team members must be designated prior to start of the tournament. Rad team name encouraged. Team anglers must fish together the duration of the tournament. 1st place in the team category goes to the most carp landed by the team. To encourage getting new anglers addicted to carp, 2 bonus carp will be added to a team’s tally if the team has a member that has never landed a carp on the fly before, and successfully lands a carp. This new angler must be an active participant on the team the duration of the contest and cast to/hook/play a carp without assistance.
- Carp will be measured to the nearest 1/2 inch. Bump boards preferred, but tape measures will be accepted. Carp lengths are for biggest/smallest/biggest 3-fish limit(solo angler). Picture of measurement process not required, JUST BE HONEST.
- A Cornhusker Carpfest "pass-code" will be distributed Friday Night July 15th by 9pm. This code must be present in photographs to count for the tournament. All carp caught during the tournament require a photo with the passcode. Write on a piece of paper, a sign, a T-shirt, or your hand and make plainly visible for ALL photographs. Submit the time of catch and carp length measurements in the subject or body of the text/email/DM of the photo.
- "Weigh in" will be 9pm on Saturday 16th - SHARP – All Photo’s must be submitted by 9pm to Larry Dostal at firstname.lastname@example.org or Text Message or https://www.instagram.com/larrydostal/ DM to Larry (@larrydostal) or they will not be counted.
- "Weigh in" will consist of the Carpfest judge inspecting the photographs and adding up carp lengths. The Carpfest judge reserves right to approve all photographs and has final say on all contest judgments. In the event of a tie, a proprietary algorithm will be utilized to determine the winner.
- Winners will be announced by 9 pm on Sunday July 16th.
- This is a casual carp appreciation contest designed to get us fellow carp anglers together.
- Respect the fish, stay safe, stay hydrated, and have a great time!
- Angler with longest 3 carp
- Smallest Carp
- Biggest Carp
- Most Carp Caught
- Additional prizes/awards...
- Prizes include - FLYRODS, REELS, NEW FLYLINE, FLY BOXES... AND MORE!!!
|How to measure your carp...Just make sure your "token" is in the picture during the tournament.|
|Measure to the tip of the tail. 17 1/2 inches exactly|
|You'll receive the tournament "CODE" Friday night July 15th. Make sure to include it in your photos during the tournament or the fish wont count! You can submit more than 1 picture of a fish, and add a hero shot / grip and grin or two.|