Contest takes place Saturday July 24 through July 25th, at ANY PUBLIC WATER.
- Registration deadline is 9:00 PM Friday July 23rd.
- Cost of entry is $15 for each participant.
- Contact Larry Dostal (email@example.com) to register and for shipping info for your new Carpfest hat!
- Official start time is 6:00am on July 24th.
- Official closing time is 9:00pm July 25th sharp. Any photos not submitted to Larry past 9:00pm will not count toward your limit.
- Any PUBLIC body of water is fair game to fish for the contest, just submit your pictures before the "weigh in".
- Participants are responsible for their own Fishing Permits and/or Park Entry Stickers.
- Contest is Saturday July 24th 6am through July 25th 9pm.
- This is a catch, photo, & release contest (CPR).
- A Digital Camera or Camera Phone is required.
- Fly fishing only.
- PUBLIC WATER ONLY – NO PRIVATE PONDS/LAKES or PRIVATE RIVER ACCESS
- Absolutely NO: pre-baiting, chumming, snagging, foul hooking, or adding scent to flies. Any evidence of these will lead to disqualification of angler, and you will be forever shunned.
- Only Common Carp and Grass Carp count this year!!! (No goldfish, buffalo or sucker species).
- SOLO PARTICIPANTS - No limit to the amount of carp you can catch, only the three biggest carp will count towards the grand prize for the solo angler. That is an angler's 3 longest carp measurements & pictures will win 1st place in the solo angler category.
- TEAM PARTICIPANTS - May be 2 or 3 anglers. Team members must be designated prior to start of the tournament. Rad team name encouraged. Team anglers must fish together the duration of the tournament. 1st place in the team category goes to the most carp landed by the team. To encourage getting new anglers addicted to carp. 2 bonus carp will be added to a team's tally if the team has a member that has never landed a carp on the fly before, and successfully lands a carp. This new angler must be an active participant on the team the duration of the contest.
- No limit to the amount of carp you can catch, only the three biggest carp will count towards the grand prize. That is, each angler’s 3 longest carp measurements & pictures will win 1st place.
- Additional prizes will be awarded for: smallest carp, biggest carp, ugliest carp, best photo, and a few others TBD. (These will be up for grabs for all Cornhusker Carpfest participants).
- Carp will be measured to the nearest 1/2 inch. Bump boards preferred, but tape measures will be accepted. Carp lengths are for biggest/smallest/biggest 3-fish limit(solo angler).Picture of measurement process not required, JUST BE HONEST.
- A Cornhusker Carpfest "pass-code" will be distributed Friday Night July 23rd. This code must be present in photographs to count for the tournament. Write on a piece of paper or your hand and make plainly visible for the photographs.
- "Weigh in" will be 9pm on Saturday July 25th - SHARP – All Photo’s must be submitted by 9pm to Larry Dostal at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Text Message to Larry
- "Weigh in" will consist of Carpfest judges inspecting the photographs and adding up carp lengths. Carpfest judge reserves right to approve all photographs and has final say on judgment.
- Winners will be announced 9pm Sunday July 25th.
- This is a casual carp appreciation contest designed to get up fellow carp anglers together.
- Respect the fish, stay safe, stay hydrated, and have a great time!!
- Angler with longest 3 carp
- Smallest Carp
- Biggest Carp
- Most Carp Caught
- Additional prizes/awards...
- Prizes include - FLYRODS, REELS, NEW FLYLINE, FLY BOXES... AND MORE!!!
|How to measure your carp...Just make sure your "token" is in the picture during the tournament.|
|Measure to the tip of the tail. 17 1/2 inches exactly|
|You'll receive the tournament "CODE" Friday night July 23rd . Make sure to include it in your photos during the tournament or the fish wont count! You can submit more than 1 picture of a fish, and add a hero shot / grip and grin or two.|